Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mario Lopez to Star in Saved by the Bell Spinoff: "10 Years Slater"

I found a parody article about Mario Lopez at Glossynews.com. According to the article, Mario Lopez is going to reprise his role as A.C. Slater on the new sitcom 10 Years Slater.

Burbank, CA -- In a surprising move, Warren Littlefield, president of NBC Entertainment, announced that a "Saved By The Bell" spin-off featuring Mario Lopez will headline the network's Fall lineup.

"The network felt that with the popular response to the idea of "Friends" spin-off "Joey" it would also be wise to bring back another trusted and familiar friend, but the question was who?" Littlefield explained, "...after much deliberation, we decided Mario Lopez as A.C. Slater was the choice already on everyone's mind."

The show, tentatively titled 10 Years Slater, sees A.C. come full circle as he returns to Bayside to coach the wrestling team after his dreams of being a pro were
shattered by a tragic moped accident. So far there is no word on if Screech, who had already reprised his role as a returning assistant principal in the second generation of Saved by the Bell, would be available.

"I am excited to give it another go as A.C." Lopez said. "I believe that this will be my most fulfilling role since I played the non-compromising bicycle cop Bobby Cruz on Pacific Blue. I just hope Dustin Diamond can be part of it. I know he's really busy these days with Celebrity Boxing and probably other stuff too, but I'm just not sure I could carry the show without him.

Lopez said he also likes the transformation A.C. has undergone since we have last seen him. "This is a much more mature, embattled, bitter and swarthier A.C. His dreams have been violently crushed by a speeding moped. No longer must he worry about touting the biggest muscles in school, but tackling more relevant and challenging problems, like dispelling student rumors that he's gay."
...

Article link

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me it worked right? I dont want to sumit it again if i do not have to! Either the blog glitced out or i am an idiot. the second option doesnt surprise me lol. thanks for a great blog!