Friday, May 26, 2006

Rob Mackowiak's Actions During The White Sox-Cubs Brawl

Most baseball fans has probably already seen the melee at the White Sox-Cubs game last Saturday many times already. However, with the big pile of players, it was kind of hard to see who was doing what when everyone ran out onto the field. Luckily, however, I downloaded a digital copy of the game from mlb.com and found a little gem about 90 minutes into the downloaded broadcast.

If you've ever downloaded a full game from mlb.com, you know that the downloaded file includes the entire TV broadcast from the game. The only thing missing is the commercials that are played during the TV broadcast. Instead, the broadcasters are silent while the cameras continue to roll during the normal commercial breaks.

I was watching the downloaded game the other days when I discovered a clip of a conversation on the bench in the White Sox's dugout shortly after the fight that I don't think was replayed on the TV broadcast. Apparently there was a microphone somewhere in the dugout that picked up a conversation between Rob Mackowiak, A.J. Pierzynski, and Brian Anderson. Mackowiak is laughing pretty hard while telling Anderson something like "I was choking Mabry while you were punching him." (As I mentioned previously, Mabry got pummelled by Anderson during the fight.) I kept re-playing that clip over and over because I thought it was pretty funny. It's only a shame that Barrett wasn't the one getting pounded, as he was the instigator of the melee!

No comments: